The PsyD program at University of San Francisco was granted accredited, on contingency status by the American Psychological Association. It is an innovative, practice-based program focused on training students to work with marginalized populations in an interprofessional context.
USF offers a rich academic and campus experience in the heart of San Francisco with a mission to prepare students to be leaders and change-makers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the PsyD in Clinical Psychology will acquire the knowledge, attitudes, and skills to function in diverse settings to provide culturally competent, contextually sensitive, integrated behavioral health consultation to individuals and health professionals.
- Have a broad knowledge of scientific psychology; engage in evidence-based conceptualization, assessment, and treatment of human problems using individual, developmental, contextual, and sociocultural perspectives; and focus on the delivery of interprofessional, integrated healthcare with underserved populations.
- Have a broad scientific knowledge base and employ scientific principles to consume, produce, and disseminate psychological research, with an emphasis on underserved populations.
- Possess professional values and attitudes; strong communication, collaboration, and consultation abilities; and self-awareness and reflective practice skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culture and Mental Health
- Human Development
- Socialization to Clinical Psychology Seminar
- Adv Psychopath: Children and Adolescents
- Professional Ethics, Laws, and Standards
- Intellectual Assessment
- Clinical Interviewing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
107 - 118
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences Clinical Psychology View 162 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completion of a bachelor's or master's degree in psychology from an accredited institution, within the last seven (7) years.
- Recommended grade point average of 3.0 or higher (undergraduate major and overall)
- GRE General Test and Psychology Subject Test Scores Reports.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- A curriculum vitae (a professional resume may be submitted instead, as long as relevant experiences supporting your application are highlighted).
- A personal statement of interest
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International40392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 48 months.
National40392 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.