This History, Theory and Criticism in Design programme at BAU aims at exploring and generating the conceptual foundations of the built environment as a form of cultural production; production of academic research and knowledge in the field of history, theory and criticisim of design with an inter-disciplinary approach and to contribute to the education of academic staff in the related field.
- To explore and generate the conceptual foundations of the built environment as a form of cultural production
- To explore the changing and evolving nature of the fields of design history, theory and criticism
- Making use of the knowledge and progress in various disciplines encouraging the researches and inventions in methodology; transfering the knowledge of diverse fields to the comtemporary design discourse and praxis
- To foster advanced researches and original contributions in architecture and design
- To contribute to the education and cultivation of academic staff in the field of design history, theory and criticism.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Critical History of Modern Architecture and Design
- Pro-Thesis Seminar in Architectural Research
- Preliminary Examination for PhD
- Ph.D. Dissertation Research
- Ph.D. Thesis
- Online Application Form
- Copy of Undergraduate Diploma
- Copy of official transcript of Undergraduate Records
- Copy of Master’s Degree Diploma
- Copy of official transcript of Master’s Degree Records
- Copy of the Passport
- 2 Reference Letters
- Letter of Intent
- Current CV of the applicant
- GRE (min score: (quantitative) 685, new:154), GMAT (min score: 500)
- Turkish Proficiency Exam Score for the programs in Turkish (BAU TURKMER / TOMER min B2)
- For Ph.D Programs, copy of Master Thesis/Project
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40000 USD for the full programme during 48 months.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.