Computer Science from Louisiana State University curriculum covers several areas related to theoretical foundations, systems and architecture, databases and data analytics, software, computational science, and digital media.
There is a strong and continuing demand for computer scientists to work at the frontiers of knowledge in both theoretical and applied specialties.
- Distributed Systems
- High Performance Computing
- Design Issues in High-Speed Networks: Multicast, Pricing and Control
- Wireless Networks
- Special Topics in Computer Science
- Sensor Networking Concepts
- Computer Science Research Seminar
- Selected Readings in Computer Science
- Dissertation Research
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 13 other PhDs in Software Engineering in United States
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited US institution or the equivalent from a foreign institution (and/or a master’s degree for PhD program).
- A comprehensive computer science background should include course work on data structures, algorithms, programming languages, and operating systems.
- A satisfactory grade point average (at least 3.0).
- Acceptable GRE scores of at least 300 total (with at least 150 on the quantitative portion).
- Acceptable TOEFL scores of at least 213 (computer-based test) or 79 (internet-based test) or acceptable IELTS scores of at least 6.5 or for foreign students only).
- Statement of purpose explaining the applicant’s career goals and interest areas is needed for PhD program.
- Letters of recommendation (at least two needed).
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 60 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.