History from Louisiana State University offers concentration in US, British, European, and Latin American history. Students may also elect a minor field in Asian history.
A degree in History does not automatically qualify anyone for a certain profession, but the training one receives prepares him/her for all sorts of careers. Some of our graduates pursue advanced degrees in law and business, some enter private enterprise such as banking and brokerage; some go to work in positions in federal, state, or local government, and some even enter medical or dental school, if they use their elective hours for the requisite science courses. In a study by Forbes Magazine, the degree shared by the most CEOs of major American companies was History.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Seminar in American History
- Research Seminar: Special Topics in American History
- Reading Seminar in Comparative History
- Seminar: Special Studies in History
- Thesis Research
- Dissertation Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 13 other PhDs in Modern History in United States
- Master’s degree in history is required.
- A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- A minimum combined score of 300 on the Graduate Record Examination.
- Demonstration of sufficient writing and analytic skills in a writing sample as well as a statement of purpose.
- Evidence of the applicant’s talent and suitability in three letters of recommendation from his/her instructors, at least two of which should be historians.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.