Media and Public Affairs from Louisiana State University offers a focus on political communication through course study in partnership with the LSU Department of Political Science. Doctoral students may also pursue other avenues of research with a public affairs focus, and can take outside courses from many other schools and colleges including LSU’s internationally acclaimed College of the Coast & Environment.
Our faculty and current doctoral students regularly publish with top academic presses and leading journals. They win major book prizes, top paper awards and other recognition at scholarly meetings. With six endowed chairs and more than 40 endowed professorships, we attract a world-class faculty.
Students at Media and Public Affairs from Louisiana State University will:
- use a diverse set of empirical and theoretical approaches,
- get a broad preparation to study an evolving media landscape and the ever-changing public sphere.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Research Methods in Mass Communication and Public Affairs
- Experimental Applications in Mass Communication Research
- Independent Research: Mass Communication
- Special Topics in Mass Communication
- Thesis Research
- Professional Internship
- Professional Project
- Public Affairs Externship
- Dissertation Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations
- You must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA, undergraduate and master’s.
- You must have earned a completed master’s degree or a terminal graduate degree (for example, an M.F.A. or a J.D.)
- We prefer to see GRE scores above 156 verbal & quantitative and above 4.5 analytical writing.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
- For TOEFL, we prefer scores above 100 on the internet-based test.
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.