Mechanical Engineering from Louisiana State University conducts extensive research, publishes in top-tier high-impact academic journals, competes for major research funding, and boasts national titles.
Students at Mechanical Engineering from Louisiana State University will:
- span general areas of expertise ranging from the traditional ones such as mechanical systems (design & control), materials science & engineering, and thermal-fluid science and combustion, to more novel ones such as micro/nano-systems (design and fabrication) and molecular-level engineering.
- be involved in research related to Energy,Materials & Manufacturing, Aerospace and Bio-Technology applications. Research is funded through grants from federal agencies (NSF, NASA, DoD, DoE, etc.), state government (Louisiana Board of Regents), national laboratories, and various industries.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Fluid Dynamics
- Hydrodynamic Stability
- Computation of Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer
- Advanced Heat Transfer
- Numerical Methods in Applied Mechanics
- Advanced Engineering System Dynamics
- Advanced System Modeling
- Advanced Mechanical Systems Control
- Materials Characterization Using Electron Beam Methods
- Defects, Diffusion and Transformations in Solids
- Thermodynamics of Solid Materials
- Independent Study in Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Problems
- Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Thesis Research
- Dissertation Research
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 124 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in United States
- If you have earned a recognizable M.S. Degree with at least 24 hours of graduate-level courses applicable to the proposed doctoral program, you will require a minimum of 12 hours of course work and 12 hours of Dissertation Research (ME 9000) for the PhD degree.
- GRE score
- English Proficiency
- Three recommendation letters are required by the Department. When applying online, follow the instructions on the application.
- Statement of Purpose should be completed with the online application.
- A Writing Sample is required by the department.
- GPA 3.0
International29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
National29456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29456 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State12541 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12541 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.