Providing robust and systematic research training is a core strength of our Accounting and Finance programme at The University of Manchester.
To be able to take full advantage of the training opportunities that are offered, students should reside in or within commuting distance from Manchester.
We strongly encourage any students who do not reside locally to enrol full-time.
We have a tradition of producing high quality doctoral research. Many of our graduates hold academic positions in top universities and business schools around the world.
We are strongly committed to creating a research community in which researchers can thrive and develop their skills and we view all our doctoral students as potential research stars of the future.
Our research students follow a robust, systematic and flexible research training programme designed to:
- complement their own immediate requirements as they plan and write their thesis;
- introduce them to the variety of research undertaken within the Business School; and
- equip them with the broader skills to become leading edge business and management science researchers in the next generation.
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 27 other PhDs in Accounting in United Kingdom
- Candidates must hold a Bachelors degree with Honours (to UK standard) ofFirst or Upper Second (2:1) Class.
- Applicants are also expected to hold a relevant Masters degree in finance, accounting or a cognate subject area. Normally we require performance at distinction level (70% or above) including any dissertation component; GPA of 3.3 or above; or equivalent.
- Due to variations in the grading structures of international institutions, higher results may be required than stated here.
- Professional qualifications other than a Bachelors Degree and/or relevant and appropriate experience may be taken into account for entry to a PhD programme.
International20000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.