The proposed doctoral study programme enables additional education of researchers that are able to conduct individual scientific work. The proposed system assures high quality of a programme (requirements for publishing research results in journals with impact factor).
The study programme is designed so that it enhances the graduates' employability in various fields.
These range from holding leading positions in agriculture (agricultural enterprises, extension services, etc.) to active participation in various administrative jobs, for which extensive knowledge of agricultural economics and management is required (various research agencies, agricultural stock exchange, various trade associations, state-administration units, etc.).
The main goal of proposed study programme is to educate future researchers, who will be able to conduct research work in research institutions, academic institutions and also in civil service and in economic environment. Students get general competences as follows:
- to identify, analyze and solve research problem,
- to get deeper knowledge in research methods and procedures in research work,
- to transfer the knowledge form theory to practice,
- autonomy in research work,
- consideration to professional ethics.
Their specific competences address:
- ability to solve research problems in the field of agricultural economics,
- development of skills and knowledge in the research area of agricultural economics and related disciplines,
- use of standard empirical methods in the research area of agricultural economics and related disciplines,
- ability of presentation of research results to wider audience by publishing in scientific journals.
The study programme has been accredited by the Slovenian Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (Slovenian abbreviation: NAKVIS; English abbreviation SQAA).
- Political Economy of Agriculture
- Systems Modelling, Simulation and Strategy Development
- Marketing and Competitiveness in Agribusiness
- Selected Issues in Farm Management
- Selected Readings in Agricultural Policy
- Applied Research in the Field of Rural Development
- Computer Systems in Precision Agriculture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Agriculture View 4 other PhDs in Economics in Slovenia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2800 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Maribor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.