Electrical and Electronic Engineering program aims
The Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) at The University of Manchester is awarded by the University in recognition of the successful completion of a period of supervised research and training, the results of which show convincing evidence of the capacity of the candidate to pursue research and scholarship and make an original contribution and substantial addition to knowledge.
The results of this research shall then be embodied in a thesis or other appropriate form and must contain material of a standard appropriate for peer-reviewed publication.
- Microwave and Communication Systems (MACS)
- Control Systems
- Sensing, Imaging and Signal Processing (SISP)
- Electrical Energy and Power Systems (EEPS)
- Power Conversion (PC)
- Microelectronics and Nanostructures (M&N)
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 21 other PhDs in Electrical Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Manchester and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Academic entry qualification overview
- The standard academic entry requirements for a Doctorate level programme (e.g. PhD) it will be an Upper Second UK honours degree, or international equivalent, in a relevant science or engineering discipline or a first degree with an additional UK Masters degree (or international equivalent).
- English language
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National4407 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4407 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Manchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.