At Advanced Methods in Biotechnology and Biodiversity from University of Silesia in Katowice students are involved in research projects leading to the achievement of PhD degree. Students will be supervised by the senior academic staff. The projects are conducted in collaboration with future supervisor and are in line with the research profile of the department involved.
Students at Advanced Methods in Biotechnology and Biodiversity from University of Silesia in Katowice will:
- learn how to apply a variety of advanced research methods with support of the faculty labs.
- improve their presentation skills through attending workshops on Effective presentation.
- participate in departmental and faculty's seminars, as well as in a selection of lectures provided by guest researchers in the framework of the Lifelong Learning Programme – LLP/Erasmus.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced molecular cytogenetics;
- Chromatin immunostaining methods;
- Plant morphogenesis in vivo and in vitro;
- Cyto- and histochemical analysis of embryonic animal tissues;
- Biomarkers in studies of exposure and effects of xenobiotics in the environment;
- Biotechnology of microorganisms;
- Practical bioinformatics;
- Plant functional genomics;
- Techniques for biodiversity of soil microorganisms, plants and animals.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- diploma of the M.Sc. or equivalent degree with supplement;
- letter of recommendation from the faculty staff and his or her declaration of will to become the supervisor;
- declaration of the future supervisor on the availability of funds necessary to conduct research project by the PhD student;
- synopsis of the research project that will lead to the doctoral degree;
- list of the candidate’s publications and conference presentations (please include also copies of the first page of each publication);
- certificates of foreign language skills;
- three ID photos;
- proficiency in English (B2 level at least) by: providing information that previous education was delivered fully in English (eg. diploma), providing language certificate.
International4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2100 EUR per semester and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.