Engineering Physics from University of Porto shares with other engineering doctoral programmes an interdisciplinarity, multidisciplinarity and action oriented approach to systems, processes, technologies and devices with strong impact in our society and economy.
Students at Engineering Physics from University of Porto will:
- approach problems that are open, don’t have unique solutions, in an environment of collaboration, networking and competition.
- have therefore, further to scientific proficiency, significant resilience, creativity and capacity to work in teams.
- Research Project - Seminar
- Advanced Mathematics
- Electrodynamics and Special Relativity
- Experiment Planning
- Modeling and Simulation of Physical Systems
- Modern Physics Laboratory
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Physics General Engineering & Technology View 8 other PhDs in Industrial & Systems Engineering in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Holders of a Master or a second cycle diploma in Engineering Physics, Engineering, Applied Physics or Physics;
- Holders of a diploma from a certified Higher Education entity, obtained either in a Portuguese or foreign institution, recognized as adequate by the program Scientific Committee;
- Have a professional or scientific curriculum recognized as relevant and adequate by the program Scientific Committee;
- ID document (Citizen Card /ID Card / Passport) or declaration containing the identification data
- Graduation certificate regarding a higher education degree
- Certificate (Transcript) of the higher education institution listing the curricular units in which you got a passing grade, indicating the regime (semester/year) and the number of credit units/ECTS.
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation;
- Information regarding the supervisor;
- Letters of recommendation;
- Photo (optional)
International3500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3500 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA2750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2750 EUR per year during 36 months.
Students covered by the international student status (CPLP) - 2.750,00€
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.