About the Program
The Architecture program of the Abdullah Gül University (AGU) will response the requirements explained below:
- There are about a hundred departments of architecture and new ones are still opening in both state and foundation universities. The lack of a satisfactory academic staff is obvious considering the current academic labor. The establishment of a PhD program in Kayseri will contribute the academic labor in this geography as a great alternative considering the current PhD programs are concentrated mostly in Istanbul or Ankara.
- This space-based program aims to generate an academic knowledge in architecture in order to gain the interdisciplinary expertise and the attitude towards the education based on the research, examination and application.
- The language of the program will be in English which means the future graduates of the program will be the academic labor or the researchers not only in Turkey, but also through worldwide.
- This program will support the generation and development of the architectural knowledge by creating a new and active research/study areas in between the applied/social sciences and architecture as an academic or professional practice.
- It is aimed to utilize the architectural knowledge produced in this program for the benefit of the society in collaboration with the governmental and non-governmental organizations and related sectors, towards the mission and vision of AGU.
- This PhD program is planned for being internationally visible due to the international academic staff and co-operations of the university. The contribution to the international visibility of AGU through the architectural knowledge, which will be produced by the international student and academic staff in the scope of this program, is aimed.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research Methodology in Architectural Studies
- Understanding Contemporary World
- Metaphors of Place
- Fictional Space
- (Re)Mapping the City
- Architectural Criticism
- Graduate diploma; an acceptable score from YDS (Foreign Language Exam), YÖKDİL (Foreign Language Exam for Higher Education Institutions), or TOEFL
- An acceptable score from the Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES - Mathematical Score Type)
- A passing score at the oral interview for the concerned doctoral program. Required minimum scores are as follows for Integrated PhD Program: Graduate Diploma, 3.00 undergraduate GPA
- 80 mathematical score from ALES
- An acceptable score from YDS, YÖKDİL or TOEFL
- A passing score at the oral interview for the concerned doctoral program
- International students are admitted based on the criteria posted by the university
Living costs for Kayseri
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.