- Through the Family Nurse Practitioner offered by the University of San Francisco you will be trained to conduct comprehensive health assessments, diagnose and manage acute illnesses (with appropriate referral), manage chronic conditions and serve as the primary health care providers in many settings. Students are able to design models of health care delivery, evaluate clinical outcomes, identify and manage the health care needs of diverse populations, and use technology and information to transform the field.
- In Addition, you will be able to provide patient care in a variety of practice settings, including: homes, hospitals, offices, schools, community health centers, rural health centers, public and private clinics, and private practices.
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, Master of Science in Nursing degree, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree, and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at the University of San Francisco, School of Nursing and Health Professions are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The DNP program at USF is formatted as a hybrid program. Through direct instruction by faculty members we ensure a robust learning experience by combining in-person attendance along with online instruction. We are committed to accessible education for the working professional and continue to develop our program to ensure a quality learning and interactive experience between faculty and students.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 164 other PhDs in Health Sciences in United States
- A completed online application and fee
- Completion of a master's degree (in any field) from an accredited institution
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- A professional résumé
- Statement of professional goals
- Documentation of RN license
- Certification of Finances form or Letter of Support
- Bank statement(s) that indicate funds for the total costs
- A copy of passport copy
- International Transcripts: Your transcripts need to be in the original language of your university, AND in English translation.
International41550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1385 USD per credit during 48 months.
National41550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1385 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for San Francisco
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.