The focus of the Heidelberg Biosciences International Graduate School from Heidelberg University on molecular and cellular biology takes into account that molecular and cellular biology provides the conceptual and technological foundation on which most other fields, sub-disciplines and specialized areas of life and biosciences rest - from structural biology to bioinformatics, from molecular medicine to biotechnology, and from immunology to systems biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tips and tricks for cell culture
- Vector Graphics for Biologists - An Adobe Illustrator Workshop
- Transfection and reporter gene analysis
- Making human neurons in a dish
- Course on Laboratory Animals, Function A and D
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You can submit your application at any time throughout the year.
DisciplinesBioinformatics Biochemistry Genetics View 15 other Masters in Biochemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You have acquired a master of natural sciences in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or another natural science (e.g. chemistry or physics).
- If this master is not strongly bio-related your supervisor might have to testify that you have sufficient working knowledge in your respective bio-topic.
- You have acquired a Staatsexamen in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- If you have acquired an excellent FH (Fachhochschul-) Diploma in a related field, you have to pass a Qualifying Assessment
- The bachelor-degree alone is generally not sufficient. In special cases exceptions may be considered.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- 171EUR is charged for studying at the University of Heidelberg
- Students from non-EU/EEA countries with a foreign university entrance qualification- EUR 1500/sem
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.