The DPsych Sport and Exercise Psychology from Glasgow Caledonian University is the only programme of its kind in Scotland, with a strong focus on developing outstanding therapeutic skills, inter-disciplinary learning, teaching and research.
Sport and exercise psychologists work in all areas of sport and exercise provision, especially professional and Olympic sports and increasing physical activity and exercise participation amongst the general population.
They represent a trusted and dependable structure within sports science provision at local, national and Olympic-level sport and across structures in professional football, rugby, golf and the national sports institutes (Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, and England).
Sport and exercise psychologists draw upon psychological theory and research, applying them to prevent illness and injury, to promote the highest standards of performance and wellbeing, and increase exercise participation and motivation for all.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society. Students receiving the D.Psych in Sport and Exercise Psychology are eligible to apply for Chartership as a Sport and Exercise Psychologist.
- Professional Development in Applied Psychology
- Consultancy & Training in Applied Psychology 1 Sport and Exercise
- Interventions in Applied Psychology
- Analytical Methods
- Advanced Research in Applied Psychology
- 36 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, places for Home, EU and rest of UK students are now full. If you are still interested in this programme we encourage you to register your details. International students can continue to apply as normal.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Sports Sciences View 85 other PhDs in Psychology in United Kingdom
- UK honours degree 2:1 (or equivalent) in Psychology that meets British Psychological Society (BPS) standards for the Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC) plus relevant work experience.
- Subject to DBS, PVG and/or occupational health checks.
- If successful in your application, you will be shortlisted and invited for interview.
- Direct access to year two with an MSc in Sport and Exercise Psychology (BPS accredited), will be considered in line with GCU’s Recognition of Prior Learning policy
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 36 months.
- RUK: £7,000
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
We provide high-quality education for a fair price; as the University for the Common Good, we are committed to offering accessible higher education for talented students by keeping our tuition fees low and providing a generous scholarship package of over £2.5 million per year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.