The Logistics and Operations Management research area from Cardiff University, aim to be the world's leading interdisciplinary teams of academics in advancing knowledge, theory and practice in logistics and operations management.
The section comprises four distinct research groupings undertaking both specific and common research projects. The four groups are
- the Lean Enterprise Research Centre
- the Logistics Systems Dynamics Group
- the Centre for Automotive Industry Research
- the Transport and Shipping Research Group.
- The section performs world class supply chain research, and has an established reputation for excellence in logistics and operations modelling and simulation, together with a long tradition of original research in shipping, transport and ports, and sustainability.
- Students may access travel funding from the section to attend conferences or workshops during the third year of the four-year programme.
- The section runs a lively visiting speaker programme with both academics and practitioners of international standing.
Particular research areas include:
- Supply chain research: dynamics, management and marketing
- Logistics modelling and simulation
- Shipping, transport and logistics
- Automotive industry economics and sustainability.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Supply Chain Management & Logistics View 6 other PhDs in Supply Chain Management & Logistics in United Kingdom
Detailed research proposal of max 10 pages including references.Please include:
- Clear statement of research problem and research questions
- Review of key literature
- Proposed methodology
- Proposed contribution (why your research is valuable and to whom)
- If English is not your first language, proficiency of English language certificate
- Copies of both Masters and Bachelor degree certificates and transcripts
- Two Academic References
Tuition fees status is determined during the processing of applications, so we are unable to confirm this in advance or advise on fees status decisions.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.