Several of these research lines are being pursued at the University's two research centres: Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3) and the eLearn Center (eLC).
The IMT Department, with the support of the two research centres linked to the University, is focusing its attention on scientific development in the area of network and information technology through a higher-education offering (including undergraduate, masters and doctorate degrees) that corresponds to the aforementioned working lines and in response to current demand.
Several research groups in the IMT Department offer research projects funded by competitive calls for proposals at the national and international level, have earned recognition from quality agencies within the university system, include accredited teaching faculty and have an extensive list of publications in prestigious scientific journals and conferences that validate their research trajectory.
Over thirty of the lecturers in the Network and Information Technologies programme from Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) hold doctorates and are qualified to direct doctoral theses within the Network Information Technologies Doctoral Programme. Moreover, the two aforementioned research centres provide grant programmes (UOC grants) for visiting lecturers, resident lecturers, post-doctoral researchers and invited lecturers, among others, that promote collaboration with groups and researchers from other universities and contribute added value to the doctoral programme.
- Research methodologies in network and information technologies
- Research techniques in network and information technologies
- English B2
- Formalization and Proofs
- Computer Modelling & Simulation
- Research Design in Social Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Analysis of the Network Society
- Advanced Qualitative Methods in Knowledge Society Research
- 36 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period: 1 December to 2 February
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 23 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To this end, students must first submit proof of meeting one of the following sets of requirements:
- Hold a an official university master's degree issued by a higher education institution in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits out of all official university courses.
- Hold an official Spanish university degree, or one from an EHEA member country, that allows them admission to a master's course, and have passed a minimum of 300 ECTS credits out of all official university courses, of which at least 60 must be at the master's level.
- Hold an official Spanish graduate degree of at least 300 ECTS credits in line with EU legal regulations.
International548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA548 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 548 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.