At International Law from from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies students receive extensive intellectual support throughout their research, via formal supervision, specialised doctoral seminars and a wide range of events. Research supervision covers a wide range of topics.
Students at International Law from from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies will:
- gain a strong commitment to international law
- prove their ability to carry out independent research.
- Climate Change and International Law
- Counterterrorism and International Law
- The International Criminal Court: Selected Issues
- International Economic Law Clinic
- International Environmental Law and Policy
- International Trade Law
- Judicial Interpretation and Legal Reasoning: A Critical Approach
- Law without the State
- Political Justice and Human Rights: Foundational Questions
- Research Seminar on the International Law of Energy
- A Discourse Analysis of International Law
- History of the Idea of International Law
- International Health Law
- International Investment Law
- International Law Theories
- International Migration Law
- International Organisations Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold, or at least receive upon arrival, a master’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to your study programme, from an accredited university.
- A thesis proposal should be submitted that describes your research project.
- All students must have an excellent command of English.
International7300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7300 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4562 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4562 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Swiss residents: CHF 5,000 per year
- Non-residents: CHF 8,000 per year
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.