International History from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies combines coursework, seminars, a preliminary thesis and defence, and the doctoral thesis itself and encourages direct contact, debates and exchange with faculty and fellow students.
Students at International History from Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies will gain knowledge in:
- the Global South and postcoloniality;
- the histories of individual regions – the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and North Africa, East Asia and South Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International relations,
- Institutions and movements;
- Global/world and transnational history; h
- History and policy;
- The history of ideas;
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
or 72 (with minor)
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History International Relations View 5 other Masters in International Relations in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You should hold, or at least receive upon arrival, a master’s degree or its equivalent in a discipline relevant to your study programme, from an accredited university.
- A thesis proposal should be submitted that describes your research project.
- All students must have an excellent command of English.
International7398 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7398 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA4623 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4623 EUR per year during 48 months.
- Swiss residents: CHF 5,000 per year
- Non-residents: CHF 8,000 per year
Living costs for Genève
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.