The objective of the English Language and Literature program of the Istanbul Sabahattin Zaim University is to train academicians for the Departments of English Language and Literature who specialise in the field and to train specialists in English Language and Literature who have an in-depth knowledge in the field to be employed not only in relevant faculties but also in ministries, the media and related state and private sectors.
- For more information, please visit the programme's website.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should hold a master's degree in English language and literature or American culture and literature with a thesis.,
- Candidates (only Turkish candidates) should get at least 55 points from “Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES).
- Candidates should hold at least 80 points from English Language Examination such as YDS or YOKDIL (English) or internationally recognised language (English) exams accepted by ÖSYM such as TOEFL
- Graduates of a master's program without a thesis dissertation cannot apply for a doctoral program. However, those students who were enrolled in or graduated from Master's programs without a thesis before 06/02/2013 can apply for a doctoral program.
- At least 2 reference(s) should be provided
- A motivation letter must be added to your application
International1917 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5753 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
National1917 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5753 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
- TRY 50,000 one-time
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.