During their Animal, Nutrition and Food Sciences program of study at The University of Vermont, graduate students at UVM work closely with their faculty mentor and committee members who are often from other Departments. Typically a master's degree candidate acquires skills in research design and conduct as well as methodologies relevant to their research project. Candidates for the Ph.D. gain these skills as well as the ability to independently conduct, design and review their own research. Our students also undertake a variety of coursework during their program and are given the opportunity to gain valuable teaching skills that we feel are essential for all students in the sciences.
Graduate students enjoy access to a variety of excellent facilities across campus. Our nearby Miller research facility is used for studies involving livestock and complements other animal facilities on campus that are used to study models such as genetically-modified rodents. Several faculty within ASCI are members of the Vermont Cancer Center that provides students with access to state-of-the-art microscopy and genetic analysis facilities. Our relationship with the Miner Institute also provides the opportunity for students to explore additional research topics in dairy cattle nutrition and behavior. Did we mention that Burlington continually ranks as one of the most livable cities in the U.S.? Learn about Burlington, VT.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Graduate Journal Club
- Lactation Physiology
- Graduate Research Proposal Writing
- Cells to Society
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Animal Sciences View 12 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Electronic Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee of $65.00
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process for most programs (Public Health applicants, please review your requirements).
- Residential Status Questionnaire (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National1720 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
In-State683 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 683 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.