The Materials Science program offered by The University of Vermont is multidisciplinary because it is involved with the physical, mechanical, electrical and chemical properties of materials — mostly solids. It is multidisciplinary also in that it combines the theoretical and experimental capabilities of a variety of disciplines and applies them to the solution of complex scientific and engineering problems.
Specific research topics include:
- Dynamics of quantum systems with application to nanomaterials
- Electronic properties of graphene
- Synthesis and characterization of electronic materials
- Thin films and microfabrication for use in electronic devices and integrated circuits
- Electron and X-ray diffraction characterization of electronic and magnetic materials
- Experimental and theoretical analysis of musculoskeletal structures
- Biofluid mechanics and transport processes
- Optimization of mechanical properties of structural materials
- Polymers and composites
- Strongly correlated electron systems
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Solid State Physics
- Seminar in Physics of Materials
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Special Topics in Physical Chemistry
- Solid State and Semiconductor Theory
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Corrosion of Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 29 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process. Official transcripts are only required if you are admitted.
- Residential Status Questionnaire (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International1720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National1720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1720 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State683 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 683 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.