At Physical Chemistry study course from Brno University of Technology students are trained to formulate a scientific problem independently, propose hypotheses and procedures leading to its solving and attempt its confirmation on an experimental or theoretical level. Critical evaluation of published scientific information and the ability to communicate in English - both verbally and in written form, makes an integral part of the study.
Graduates with Physical Chemistry study course from Brno University of Technology will:
- be able to formulate independently the scientific problem,
- be able to design the hypothesis for the solution and to carry out experimental and theoretical work for its confirmation.
- be capable of critical evaluation of published scientific informations and of presentation of experimental results in english language as well.
- Progresses in physical chemistry
- Electron processes in molecular materials
- Physics and chemistry of molecular materials
- Physics and chemics of plasma
- colloidics for advanced
- Advanced spectroscopic methods
- Processes of transportation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Physics Chemistry View 6 other PhDs in Chemical Engineering in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The admission to the Faculty of Chemistry is conditioned by the completion of the Master's program in the same or a related field.
- The basic prerequisites for the admission are: interest and aptitude for scientific work, knowledge of the English language and a very good study record achieved in the Master's program (grade point average of all passed examinations usually does not exceed 2.0).
- CV including (i) a list of published works and information on the professional activities and results achieved by the applicant so far in addressing the issues related to the selected doctoral degree study topic, and (ii) where appropriate, other relevant supporting documents demonstrating his/her professional competence, such as referrals from persons with whom the applicant has been professionally in contact; and
- letter of intent in which the applicant shall comment on the expected involvement in future scientific work and justify the choice of the topic.
International2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA2000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Brno
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.