A thesis for the Civil Engineering doctoral degree at McGill University must constitute original scholarship and must be a distinct contribution to knowledge.
It must show familiarity with previous work in the field and must demonstrate ability to plan and carry out research, organize results, and defend the approach and conclusions in a scholarly manner.
- The research presented must meet current standards of the discipline; as well, the thesis must clearly demonstrate how the research advances knowledge in the field.
- Finally, the thesis must be written in compliance with norms for academic and scholarly expression and for publication in the public domain.
- Comprehensive Preliminary Oral Exam
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction
- The general rules of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies apply and are detailed in University Regulations & Resources > Graduate > Graduate Admissions and Application Procedures.
- The minimum academic standard for admission is a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0/4.0 in a recognized program. Alternatively, an equivalent grade point average of no less than 3.2/4.0 over the last two years of the program will be accepted.
International16122 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16122 CAD per year during 36 months.
National2624 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2624 CAD per year during 36 months.
McGill University is committed to provide financial support for graduate education. Through Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) and other academic units, McGill is working to increase the number of student fellowships and scholarships, exploring new avenues for student support, and making it easier to disburse existing funds. Our competitive funding support offers, coupled with Montreal’s low cost of living, makes graduate studies at McGill a wise educational investment.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.