The main elements of the Ph.D. are the thesis and comprehensive examination, a required Methods of Geographical Research course, and a minimum of two complementary courses.
- The Geography - Gender and Women's Studies doctoral option at the McGill University is an interdisciplinary program for students who meet the degree requirements in Geography and who wish to earn 9 credits of approved coursework on gender and women’s studies and issues in feminist research and methods.
- It includes a thesis centrally related to gender and/or women’s studies; the comprehensive examination; required courses in Geography and Women’s Studies; and complementary courses, one of which must pertain to gender and/or women’s issues.
- Methods of Geographical Research
- Comprehensive Examination
- Feminist Theories and Methods
- Feminist Research Symposium
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Gender & Sexuality Studies View 11 other PhDs in Gender & Sexuality Studies in Canada
- Online application and application fee
- Letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- Writing sample/portfolio
- A research supervisor
- Study permits/student visas
International20972 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10486 CAD per semester during 36 months.
National5602 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2801 CAD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.