In addition to the application form and fee and official transcripts for all college study required by the Office of Admissions, the Department requires a Departmental application, three letters of recommendation, a letter of intent, unofficial transcript copies, and general GRE scores for admission consideration.
- Entering graduate students must demonstrate via their transcripts that they have received rigorous scientific preparation in courses relevant to graduate study in earth, planetary, atmospheric, or environmental science.
- Because the Earth and Planetary Sciences Department at The University of New Mexico offers graduate training in many aspects of the earth sciences, there is no single list of courses that must have been completed prior to graduate study.
- The Blue Planet
- The Blue Planet Laboratory
- Statistics and Data Analysis
- Environmental Systems
- Earth Materials and Critical Zone Geology
- Life and the Earth System
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences View 31 other PhDs in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.