Four advanced graduate courses. All regular (three-hour) 300 or 400-level courses that are available for graduate credit* for P&A students and all regular (three-hour) 500-level courses are eligible as electives, except 406, 491/492, and courses taken to satisfy the core-course requirements for the Physics PhD.
- Different courses at The University of New Mexico taken as Advanced Topics in Optics (569) or Advanced Topics in Physics and Astronomy (581) count as different electives.
- The four advanced graduate courses must be listed as a standard grade mode and NOT on a credit/no credit basis. Additional electives taken to fulfill credit hours may be on a credit/no credit basis.
- Methods of Theoretical Physics
- Statistical Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Advanced Astrophysics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Letter of Intent
- Assistantship request/info
- Physics GRE scores
- General GRE scores
- TOEFL or IELTS scores if applicable
Living costs for Albuquerque
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.