The Law program at Kyushu University is designed to provide students with the skills necessary to complete high-level research in law.
Participants will pursue a closely supervised program of research for 6 consecutive semesters (3 years), prior to submitting a final dissertation.
The thesis may be on any law-related subject agreed in consultation with the academic supervisors and approved by the LL.D. Faculty Committee.
The doctoral thesis may be on any law-related subject agreed in consultation with the academic advisors and approved by the Faculty Committee. However, Kyushu University, Graduate School Of Law would particularly welcome doctoral research proposals in these fields:
Business and the Law
- International Arbitration
- and Private International Law
- International Civil Litigation
- Comparative Corporate Law
- Contemporary Issues in Competition Law
- White Collar and Corporate Crime
Globalization and the Law
- International Business Law
- Current Legal Issues and Roman Law
- International Economic and Social Law
- World Trade Law
- Public International Law
- International Maritime Law
Innovation and the Law
- Contemporary Issues in Intellectual Property Law
- Nature, Business and the Law
- Intellectual Property Law and Practice
- Creative Economy, Innovation & the Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission to the LL.D., students must meet the following requirements:
- All applicants are expected to have engaged in some form of legal study at graduate level.
- A good command of English. A TOEFL score of 250+ (computer-based), 600+ (paper-based), or 100+ (Internet-based) or equivalent is required for non-native English speakers.
- Sufficient financial support for the duration of the program.
Please note that scholarships may have additional requirements.
International5204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 USD per semester during 36 months.
- Kyushu University Tuition Fee per Semester (2x per year): 270,000 yen.
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.