The Kyushu University Graduate School of Human-Environment Studies aims to cultivate each student’s ability to scientifically analyze various issues surrounding the human-environment, which tend to be more complex and diverse on a global scale. Also, we seek the necessary conditions suitable for humans and the direction to create them, and play a leading role in a coexistent society for the challenging new era.
To achieve this Sustainable Architecture and Urban Systems program aim, we believe that it is necessary to research and teach sciences of humans, their environment, and the relation between the two from a unified perspective, whilst maintaining an organic coupling between the disciplines. The following skills such as advanced knowledge of this field and creative problem solving abilities are required of prospective students:
- Rigorous expertise and highly interdisciplinary knowledge and skills.* Broad and well-developed interdisciplinary knowledge and skills, ranging from engineering technology to the humanities.
- A balanced set of values and sensitivity towards “humanness”.
- The creative ability to create a comprehensive design concept using applied sciences and centered on action research
- Analytical, critical and creative skills that allow flexibility in investigating problems from several different perspectives
- Applied skills necessary to deal with diverse and complex issues.*An ability to collaborate with people from different cultures, and those who hold different values and ways of thinking
- The Ph.D. program offers the opportunity to master advanced professional knowledge as well as cultivate skills to expand conventional research methodologies. An instruction system to nurture advanced researchers who will engage in education and research in higher education institutions is also provided.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Interest and expertise in a wide range of fields from hard engineering technology to soft social, cultural and artistic fields
- A forward looking desire to regularly work toward becoming an expert and the mental strength to continue with it
- An inquiring mind to independently discover problems and the imagination to solve them
- The creativity to craft new proposals using knowledge gained
- The expressive ability and flexibility to persuade people by explaining one’s own thoughts in an easy to understand fashion
- The language ability to work in an international setting and the ability to respond to a wide variety of situations
International2582 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per year during 36 months.
National2582 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per year during 36 months.
- 267,900 Yen per semester
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.