About the program
The Graduate School of Science in Kyushu University admits international students twice a year, in October and April. Global 30, a degree program conducted in English, is a program in which students enroll in October and for which Japanese proficiency is not required. Students can obtain a Master/Doctoral degree in English.
Sciences are the study of revealing nature's truths, and structuring a way to systematically explain universal principles and truths. The Graduate School of Science teaches the laws of nature, and the principles and methods of sciences. Through education and research, we aim to train cutting-edge researchers, who will have a broad perspective, and take an active role in the international arena, and also professionals who can greatly contribute to society with their advanced skills and scholarly wisdom.
- The fields of research in the Department of Physics include elementary particle physics, nuclear physics, solid state physics, statistical physics and physics of complex systems.
- A tandem electrostatic accelerator is one of the more notable research facilities that is available to be used for your research.
- Research activities in the Department of Chemistry cover inorganic, organic, structural, physical, analytical, biological and computational chemistry, among others.
- Seventeen laboratories associated with the Department conduct cutting-edge research while maintaining close connections with one another.
- The Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences covers a variety of fields such as planetary sciences, geophysics, geochemistry, mineralogy, and geology.
- The Department also collaborates closely with the Kyushu University Museum and the Space Environment Research Center.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Documents to be submitted
- Application Form and Examination Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Japanese Language Proficiency Certificate
- A Copy of your Certificate of Residence Record or Residence Card (both sides)
- Graduation Certificate or Statement that confirms expected graduation
- Research Plan
- Academic Record
- Master’s Degree Certificate or Statement that confirms expected graduation
- A copy of your Master’s Thesis
- Transfer Receipt of Application Fee(30,000yen)
International5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
National5164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2582 USD per semester during 36 months.
- 267,900 Yen per semester
Living costs for Fukuoka
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.