Medical and Molecular Sciences degree at James Cook University is a postgraduate research degree with a supervised project of original research at its core.
As a JCU PhD candidate, you’ll have the opportunity to undertake focused research in the tropics. You’ll explore and generate new knowledge to meet the social, environmental and sustainability challenges facing tropical communities.
JCU Doctor of Philosophy graduates are internationally recognised as experts who discover valuable new knowledge in their fields.
The future for PhD graduates is diverse. The skills you develop during your PhD allow you to gain a toolkit for theoretical and practical approaches to problems and innovation with social and commercial impact. This will allow you to take on leadership roles across industry, government and academic sectors in a range of roles and contexts including researcher, practitioner, and research manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning the Research: Doctoral Candidates
- Situating the Research: Doctoral Candidates
- Professional Development: Doctoral Candidates
- Doctor of Philosophy Research Thesis (Medical and Molecular Sciences)
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiomedicine Molecular Sciences Biochemistry
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class, Division A (Honours) in a degree program that included a total of at least a semester of supervised project work, the results of which contributed to the Honours grade;
- A postgraduate qualification which included: (a) supervised research component(s) of at least one semester or equivalent and resulted in the production of output(s) graded at the equivalent of Distinction or better, and (b) at least one research methods subject;
- A Research Masters degree, where at least two-thirds of the degree consisted of a supervised research component and resulted in the production of a thesis or equivalent;
- Cricos code: 081930J
International40280 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 40280 AUD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.