Students in the Mathematics and Applied Mathematics program of the Case Western Reserve University may plan either a traditional program of studies in mathematics (mathematics track) or a program of studies oriented toward applied mathematics (applied mathematics track). In either case, each student must take 36 credit hours of approved courses with a grade average of B or better.
For students entering with a master’s degree in a mathematical subject compatible with our program, as determined by the graduate committee, this requirement is reduced to 18 credit hours of approved courses.
- Abstract Algebra
- Real Analysis
- Algebraic Topology
- Complex Analysis
- Differential Geometry
- Differentiable Manifolds
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 28 other PhDs in Applied Mathematics in United States
- All PhD students in both tracks must complete the following specific requirements: Qualifying Exams, Area Exam, Yearly Progress Reports, Dissertation, Expository Talk, and Defense
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
- Applicants will be expected to meet all of the undergraduate prerequisites for the proposed field of graduate study
International23964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 36 months.
National23964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.