About the Program
Students in the Biochemistry program of the Case Western Reserve University also participate in formal courses both within and outside the department, formal and informal seminars, discussions of current literature, and career development activities. Although students choose from the various tracks within the department, all are broadly trained in modern aspects of biochemistry and become familiar with techniques and literature in a variety of areas. Many collaborative projects with other departments also are available to broaden the spectrum of training offered.
Most students begin with an integrated curriculum in cellular and molecular biology in addition to specialized courses in biochemistry. Students are admitted to the Biochemistry PhD program through the Biomedical Sciences Training Program (BSTP) or via the Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP). The BSTP offers a common entry point to most of our biomedical PhD programs. The MSTP is available for students desiring the dual MD/PhD degrees and research careers in medicine and related biosciences.
- Biostatistics to Enhance Research Rigor & Reproducibility
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Since You Were Born: Nobel Prize Biomedical Research in the Last 21 Years
- Biochemical Research
- Structural Biology
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 178 other PhDs in Biology in United States
- Applicants must have a BA, BS or equivalent undergraduate degree Students must submit scores from the Graduate Record Examination and may submit scores from an advanced area test, usually in biology, biochemistry or chemistry
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
- Applicants will be expected to meet all of the undergraduate prerequisites for the proposed field of graduate study
International67440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33720 USD per semester during 60 months.
National67440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33720 USD per semester during 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.