The Cell Biology program of the Case Western Reserve University offers students training opportunities as research science professionals through formal coursework, conducting original research in the laboratory of their selected mentor, and through informal interactions provided by seminars, journal clubs, workshops, and laboratory meetings. The centerpiece of this training is the student’s research project that provides the opportunity for completion of a written thesis and preparation of paper(s) for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
By completing the Cell Biology Program, students receive comprehensive training in scientific excellence, research ethics, and oral and written communication skills, and will be cognizant of research frontiers in modern cell biology. The inter-departmental Cell Biology Program includes faculty from basic science departments of the School of Medicine, clinical departments at University Hospitals of Cleveland and from the Lerner Research Institute of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Cell Biology and Human Disease
- Yeast Genetics and Cell Biology
- Fundamental Biostatistics to Enhance Research Rigor & Reproducibility
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Since You Were Born: Nobel Prize Biomedical Research in the Last 21 Years
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 86 other PhDs in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students entering through BSTP begin the first of three research rotations during the summer and participate in the Core Curriculum in Cell and Molecular Biology (C3MB), two integrated courses which provide formal instruction in modern cell and molecular biology
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
- Applicants will be expected to meet all of the undergraduate prerequisites for the proposed field of graduate study
International24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.