The Cell Biology program of the Case Western Reserve University offers students training opportunities as research science professionals through formal coursework, conducting original research in the laboratory of their selected mentor, and through informal interactions provided by seminars, journal clubs, workshops, and laboratory meetings. The centerpiece of this training is the student’s research project that provides the opportunity for completion of a written thesis and preparation of paper(s) for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
By completing the Cell Biology Program, students receive comprehensive training in scientific excellence, research ethics, and oral and written communication skills, and will be cognizant of research frontiers in modern cell biology. The inter-departmental Cell Biology Program includes faculty from basic science departments of the School of Medicine, clinical departments at University Hospitals of Cleveland and from the Lerner Research Institute of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Cell Biology and Human Disease
- Yeast Genetics and Cell Biology
- Fundamental Biostatistics to Enhance Research Rigor & Reproducibility
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Since You Were Born: Nobel Prize Biomedical Research in the Last 21 Years
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Biochemistry Genetics View 175 other PhDs in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Case Western Reserve University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students entering through BSTP begin the first of three research rotations during the summer and participate in the Core Curriculum in Cell and Molecular Biology (C3MB), two integrated courses which provide formal instruction in modern cell and molecular biology
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
- Applicants will be expected to meet all of the undergraduate prerequisites for the proposed field of graduate study
International24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 24 months.
National24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1997 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.