We emphasize a quantitative and state-of-the art instrumentation intensive approach that equips you with cutting edge skills to address key biological questions. The ultimate goal of the Physiology and Biophysics program of the Case Western Reserve University is to train future scientists in understanding the mechanisms that control normal function of biological processes, translating that knowledge into new approaches and cures for disease.
- Financial support for PhD students includes: 1) a living stipend paid directly to the student; 2) benefits with health insurance; and 3) a full tuition waiver.
- Ideal for students with background in biochemistry, physics, biology or chemistry
- Integrated physiology and biophysics core courses focused on cardiovascular, kidney and nervous system and diseases at levels from molecules to human.
- Choice of many elective courses across campus for in-depth study.
- Three rotation projects, followed by lab selection.
- After three semesters essentially all course work is complete and you can fully concentrate on research.
- Cutting edge research in the areas of structural biology and cellular physiology, often with intensive use of high end instrumentation.
- Mentoring by nationally, if not internationally, recognized research faculty.
- Active study in courses and high level skills for research presentations will get you ready for your future career in academia or in industry.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology
- Since You Were Born: Nobel Prize Biomedical Research in the Last 21 Years
- Fundamental Biostatistics to Enhance Research Rigor & Reproducibility
- Physiology of Organ Systems
- Cell Signaling
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Biochemistry View 181 other PhDs in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Statement of Objectives
- Academic Transcripts: Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified translations in English
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: A non refundable application fee of $50 is required for each application submitted
- Test Scores
- Applicants must have a good academic record
- Applicants will be expected to meet all of the undergraduate prerequisites for the proposed field of graduate study
International67440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33720 USD per semester during 36 months.
National67440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33720 USD per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.