Education from University of Johannesburg requires a candidate to undertake research at an advanced academic level culminating in the production, defence and acceptance of a thesis. The defining characteristic of the qualification is that the candidate is required to demonstrate high-level research capability and make a significant and original academic contribution to the field of Education.
Students at Education from University of Johannesburg will gain knowledge in:
- Adult Education
- Inclusive Education
- Educational and Learning Support
- Educational Linguistics
- Educational Management
- ICT in Education 8. Higher Education
- Learning Area Methodology
- Life and Career Orientation
- Mathematics Education
- Philosophy of Education
- Psychology of Education
- Sociology of Education
- Science Education
- Teacher Education
- Technology Education
- Values and Human Rights Education
- Foundation Phase Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates will have obtained a MEd
- Candidates will have obtained a teacher’s diploma/teaching qualification, plus an appropriate master’s degree as well as work experience in the field of study.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.