Applicants must submit current (taken within the past five years) GRE scores that equal or exceed the minimums expected for applicants to the PhD with a major in education.
Three letters of reference from those who know of the candidate’s record and promise are required. An overall GPA of 3.3 in previous graduate study is required for admission to doctoral study and an interview with the faculty may be required.
Admissions decisions are made on a holistic basis to discern the candidate’s promise for doctoral study and to ascertain the match of the candidate’s educational goals with the resources and goals of the department.
Students in this concentration share a common set of course requirements with credits required as shown below. Doctoral committees may require students to take additional hours to fulfill degree requirements. The Education, Educational Administration program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- Human Relations and Communication in Administration
- Administrative and Organizational Theory
- Supervision and Personnel Administration
- Educational Change for School Leaders
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 164 other PhDs in Education in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.