The Learning Environments and Educational Studies (LEEDS) doctoral concentration explicitly links the fields of cultural studies, human learning and development from an applied educational psychology perspective, and instructional technology to prepare graduates to work in high level professional careers in a wide range of settings such as higher education, K-12 education, community-based agencies and community-based participatory research, research institutions and other applied educational, social and political settings. The Education, Learning Environments and Educational Studies program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
The program features:
- Emphasis on participatory theories of learning, social justice, and innovative uses of technology
- Interdisciplinary research team involvement in design, analysis, presentations at regional and national conferences, and publication of studies
- Focus on learning in community
- International and intercultural atmosphere
- Opportunity to gain higher education teaching experience
- Concentration core
- Core electives
- Research methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 164 other PhDs in Education in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 48 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.