Students in the PhD concentrations share a common set of course requirements with graduate credit hours required as shown below. Doctoral committees may require students to take additional hours to fulfill degree requirements.
Students must submit to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, an online graduate application to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Students must also submit the Theory and Practice in Teacher Education Departmental Application for Graduate Study. Applicants must submit verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing GRE scores that are equal to or higher than the 50th percentile, based on the norms in effect at the time the test was taken.
An applicant with either a verbal or quantitative subtest score that is less than the 50th percentile will be expected to submit a proportionally higher, off-setting second subtest score. The Education, Teacher Education program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
- Theoretical Analysis and Theory Construction
- Advanced Studies in Education - An Interdisciplinary Perspective
- Seminar in Education of Exceptional, Diverse and At-risk Learners
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education Teaching View 128 other PhDs in Education in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.