These must include a minimum of 24 credit hours in Doctoral Research and Dissertation. Specific requirements for required course work are:
- Students entering with an MS degree will be required to take a minimum of 12 credit hours of graduate course work, exclusive of ME 601, dissertation credit or seminar courses.
- Students entering with a BS degree will be required to take a minimum of 42 credit hours of graduate course work, exclusive of ME 601, dissertation credit or seminar courses. The Mechanical Engineering program is offered by the University of Tennessee Knoxville.
This course work, including that taken for an MS degree, must include:
- A minimum of 9 semester credit hours of graduate work in mathematics courses numbered 400 or above with a minimum of 3 credit hours numbered 500 or above. The department may approve other courses with sufficient mathematical content to meet this requirement.
- A minimum of 21 credit hours of graduate course work in the major in courses numbered 500 and above. The department may approve other departmental courses to meet this requirement.
- A minimum of 6 semester credit hours of graduate course work is required at the 600 level. These are exclusive of ME 601, thesis or dissertation credit. The total number of approved course work and dissertation credit hours must meet the university's requirement of a minimum of 72 credit hours.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 31 other PhDs in Mechanical Engineering in United States
- The completed online Graduate Application for Admission
- A non-refundable application fee
- One unofficial transcript from all colleges and universities attended submitted on-line at the time of application to the Graduate School
- The submission of official transcripts and degree certificates
- Departmental application
- Reference letters or rating forms
International31798 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31798 USD per year during 36 months.
National13380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13380 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Knoxville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.