Mechanical Engineering from University of Johannesburg is intended for persons who will make a significant and original contribution to knowledge in a specialised area of technology. They will have a high level of overall knowledge in that specialised area ranging from fundamental concepts to advanced theoretical or applied knowledge.
Students at Mechanical Engineering from University of Johannesburg will:
- identify and solve problems in which responses display that responsible decisions, using critical and creative thinking, have been made.
- collect, organise, analyse and critically evaluate information.
- work effectively with others.
- reflect on and explore a variety of strategies to learn more effectively.
- communicate effectively using visual, mathematical and/or language skills in the modes of oral and/or written presentation.
- Cooling of Electrical Machines
- Energy Storage
- Environmental engineering
- Formability of sheet materials
- Internal combustion engines
- Naval architecture.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Mechatronics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An appropriate Magister Technologiae or an equivalent qualification at an equivalent standard as determined by a Status Committee.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 36 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 36 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.