Extraction Metallurgy from University of Johannesburg is best suited for learners who are creative thinkers, possess an inventive imagination with an aptitude for mathematics, science and technology, learners who enjoy developing solutions with logic and reason and discovering how things work.
Students at Extraction Metallurgy from University of Johannesburg will:
- be able to conceptualize, design, and innovate
- install, commission, maintain and operate.
- Engineering Metallurgy
- Mineral Processing Techniques- Comminution and Separation
- Process Control Techniques
- Responsible Mining
- Hydrometallurgy Techniques.
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 4 other PhDs in General Engineering & Technology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An appropriate Magister Technologiae or an equivalent qualification at an equivalent standard.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.