We offer a Biochemistry phd degree at The University of Iowa. The faculty supervise post-doctoral fellows, graduate students and undergraduates in active research programs that are well supported by grants from the NIH, NSF, ACS, AHA, and other agencies.
- Students with a bachelor's degree in any of the biological, biochemical engineering, or physical sciences who have a strong desire to pursue a research-oriented career in biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, and/or cell biology are encouraged to apply.
- For 35 years, Biochemistry functioned as a division of Chemistry and/or Internal Medicine, but was organized as a Department of the College of Medicine in 1948.
- Today, the Department of Biochemistry is one of five basic science departments in the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine at The University of Iowa.
- Excellent research facilities and a research-oriented faculty allow our department to offer broadly based programs of undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate study.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Biochemistry View 109 other PhDs in Biochemistry in United States
- Application fee is $60 by credit card for US applicants, $100 for international applicants
- Unofficial academic records/transcripts
- Contact information for three writers of letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Research Statement
- Personal Statement
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.