The realm of art transcends the boundaries of time, place, religion, politics, economics and culture. Cultural Art History at Warnborough College explores the ongoing fascination for and importance of works of art—over time—from multicultural and interdisciplinary perspectives. Art history has never been more significant in the broad cultural fabric.
The doctoral program in Cultural Art History is designed for learners who intend to develop professional careers in cultural art history.
It will also hone a student’s analytical, critical, research and writing skills, and is therefore a useful qualification for various professions. These include:
- teaching, most likely at the college level
- law, program development
- museum and gallery work
- art dealership
- art therapy
- fine arts
- travel and tourism
- art criticism, creative writing and journalism.
- Cultural History of Art
- History of Photography
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art
- Critical Terminology for Art History and Cultural Art History
- Greek Art
- Northern Renaissance Art
- The Baroque
- East Asian Art
- World Architecture from Medieval to Early Modern Culture
- Gender in the Italian Renaissance
- Art and Mythology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start Date: 1st of any month
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Art History View 11 other PhDs in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of a Master's degree; or equivalent.
- A full curriculum vitae/resumé.
- A brief autobiography.
- A brief research proposal, if you are choosing either research or projects options. Outline what you would like to do on the program – the research topic, intended methodology, and planned resources. It should be clear and concise, and can be modified later after discussion with your Program Director.
- Copies of all academic transcripts. Please include English translations if your transcripts are in another language.
- Two references. From employers, business partners, and/or academics.
- A scanned copy of your passport or government-issued ID showing your name, date of birth and photograph.
- Two passport-size photographs (if you are posting a paper application).
- Application fee of €100.
- All other relevant and related information or documentation (e.g. scholarship requests, etc.)
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 EUR for the full programme during 36 months.
€113 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.