Thank you for your interest in the graduate programs in Biomedical Science at the University of Iowa (UI) Carver College of Medicine.
- Students from diverse backgrounds seeking a PhD in a Biomedical Science field apply for admission through the umbrella Biomedical Science Program.
- The Biomedical Science Program has more than 300 faculty members, supporting seven PhD subprograms and six related biomedical PhD programs.
- Through common didactics, immersive research experiences, and professional development and career skills training, the Program helps graduate students prepare for successful careers as researchers, educators, and future leaders of the international biomedical workforce.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Biochemistry View 19 other PhDs in Biotechnology in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a Regionally Accredited American College of University, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00/4.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.