Complementary Medicine from University of Johannesburg aims to help students demonstrate a systematic understanding of the domain of CM and a mastery of the skills and methods of research associated within the domain of Health Sciences.
Students at Complementary Medicine from University of Johannesburg will:
- Identify, design, construct and execute a substantial original research project at the highest level with scholarly integrity;
- Collect appropriate data in a precise and logical manner and evaluate and judge the information obtained;
- Acquire learning abilities in the research context including the assessment of scientific literature, construction and execution of a research project, analysis of data and the production of sound scientific arguments;
- Make relevant, reasonable and justified conclusions through original research that make a contribution that extends the frontier of knowledge by developing a substantial body of work in an area of CM,some of which merits national or international refereed publications.
- Research Project and Thesis
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComplementary & Alternative Medicine Health Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Master of Health Sciences in Complementary Medicine (Homeopathy or Phytotherapy),
- Master of Technology: Homoeopathy
- An Equivalent qualification in a relevant field at an NQF level 9, generating a minimum of 180 credits for example: Phytochemistry, Pharmacology, Medicinal Plant Science or related analytical fields.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.