Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences from University of Johannesburg aims to promote the career advancement of students in the area of Health Sciences by enabling students to conduct independent, novel research within a specific discipline or in a multidisciplinary manner in Health Sciences that will contribute to the knowledge and practice in the area of Health Sciences. The defining characteristic of this programme is that the candidate is required to
Students at Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences from University of Johannesburg will:
- demonstrate high level research capability
- make a significant and original academic contribution at the frontiers of health science.
- undertake original research. The student who successfully completes this qualification will be able to apply higher level problem solving skills and critical, reflective thinking at the most advanced academic levels in the Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences (MIRS) domain 5. Only a Research Doctorate can be done.
- Research Project and Thesis
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 5 other PhDs in Human Medicine in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The minimum admission requirement is a master’s degree in MIRS or Radiography qualification or equivalent.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.