Nursing Science from University of Johannesburg aims to provide the qualifying student with advanced critical, analytical, problem-solving and reflective competencies as a nursing specialist to act as a leader and consultant in health services and to make an original contribution to the knowledge content of the discipline through independent research.
Students at Nursing Science from University of Johannesburg will:
- display insight into the module discipline, as well as into research.
- gain competence in the oral and written communication of the research process and findings.
- Community Health Nursing Science
- Primary Health Care: Clinical Nursing, Diagnosis Treatment and Care
- Professional Nursing Science: Ethos and Professional Practice
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Management
- Professional Nursing Science: Nursing Education
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Science
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 5 other PhDs in Human Medicine in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At entrance level, the prospective student should have a minimum of 180 approved credits at level 9.
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.