Students at Sport Science from University of Johannesburg will show evidence of independent and original scientific work. The thesis would constitute a decided contribution to knowledge of and insight into the subject discipline as well as the field of research.
Graduates with Sport Science from University of Johannesburg will:
- display applied competence in research methodology, and the proper written and/or oral communication in the research process and findings.
- be able to reflect on their research decisions and applications to assess the effect thereof in the holistic context of research in the sport industry
- Essentials of Sport & Exercise Physiology
- Sport & Exercise Nutrition
- Applied Sport & Exercise Biomechanics
- Contemporary Issues in Sport Psychology.
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Management Sports Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Access will be provided to the student who is in possession of a masters’ qualification on a NQF level 9 (generating a minimum of 180 credits) with an average pass mark of at least 65%
- Valid Passport or Identity Document.
- Sworn English Translation of documents (Documents issued in any Language other than English)
- Provide proof of a non - refundable Application Fee R200.00 (only hardcopy application)
- Provide proof of the English Proficiency where English was not used as a medium of lecturing (the University prefers the applicant to take the IELTS at an overall score of 7 and TOEFL at an average score of 105–120 for Postgraduate programmes)
International797 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 797 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1065 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1065 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National students fee per semester is R9 790,00 - R19 660,00
- International students fee per year is R14,634 – R171,158.
Living costs for Johannesburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.